Two MarketPointe is designed to meet the US Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) gold level standards for certification.
LEED is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings. LEED focuses on performance in five key areas: sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality.
The design-build team approached Two MarketPointe’s LEED process by creating a strategy to meet certification that aligned with the overall goals for the project and made design decisions accordingly. The team also designed Two MarketPointe to help tenants achieve LEED-CI certification if they so desire. The five project goals are:
Improve the experience of employees
- Floor-to-ceiling windows provide better views and increased daylight
- Individual control over air flow
- On-site fitness center and locker rooms promote bicycle commuting
Reduce energy and water use
- Under floor air delivery system generates major energy savings
- Cooling energy can be reduced up to 20%
- Electricity costs can be reduced by up to 10%
- Indirect lighting strategies provide a higher light level with less energy and heat, reducing air-conditioning usage.
- Daylighting strategies can be incorporated to further reduce energy usage.
- Water use will be reduced by 39% through efficient fixtures and landscaping strategies.
- Overall, energy efficiency will reduce greenhouse gas emissions and is expected to save tenants 10-25% on operating expenses.
Ensure high indoor air quality
- UFAD reduces mixing of airborne pollutants
- Environmentally sensitive paints, carpets, adhesives and other finishes improve indoor air quality
Reduce material use
- Sustainable walls and raised floor system reduces the amount of waste created by traditional construction
- Plug-and-play infrastructure dramatically reduces the amount of wiring and cabling
- Durable finishes have been used throughout Two MarketPointe to reduce wear and replacement
- Best practice construction management will generate 50% less waste
Use materials with recycled and recyclable content
- Extensive use of recycled-content materials or materials that can be recycled
- Workspaces can be moved and reused easily without waste
Two MarketPointe accommodates the ever-changing needs of your business.
Companies today need to be flexible, nimble and quick to respond, yet conventional corporate offices are quickly obsolete once staffing and equipment changes are needed. Two MarketPointe features easily modifiable occupant and equipment layouts, ensuring your business’s success is not constrained by the walls of your office.
Featuring 10-foot high ceilings and a raised floor system with underfloor HVAC distribution, Two MarketPointe provides ultimate interior design flexibility and the freedom to reconfigure your space easily and quickly in the future:
- Underfloor delivery of ventilation, power, data and voice provides unlimited flexibility in configuring and reconfiguring your space
- Floor mounted plug-and-play voice/data/power outlets are convenient and versatile modular wiring and cabling system installs quickly for a shorter time to occupancy access to individual users can be brought through the floor at any location, avoiding costly and time-consuming rewiring as well as pricey wired workstations
- Work stations can be reconfigured easily and inexpensively with minimal disruption
- Seamless integration with pre-manufactured, sustainable walls means your design doesn’t need to be "final"
- High ceilings are ideal for an open cubicle layout
- Reduced Churn Costs
- Corporate offices are typically reconfigured at a rate of 40% per year. The costs of internal moves or reconfiguration of space can be reduced by up to 50% with the plug-and-play infrastructure, underfloor air delivery and sustainable walls.
Health and Productivity
When asked what a company’s most valuable resource is, most company leaders will tell you it is their employees. Two MarketPointe is designed to:
- Increase employee productivity
- Enhance employee health
- Further employee comfort
- Improve employee retention and recruiting
- Reduce employee absenteeism
The latest in modern office systems, technology and design features proven to accomplish the above are only available at Two MarketPointe:
- A unique under floor air delivery (UFAD) provides employees individual control air flow volume and direction in their immediate area improving comfort and reducing complaints. Studies show that having individual control of temperature can increase productivity by 3.6%. UFAD brings fresh air closer to employees and reduces mixing of airborne pollutants spreading less illness and reducing sick days.
- Environmentally sensitive paints, carpets adhesives and other finishes improve indoor air quality. Studies have shown that buildings with higher indoor air quality have reduced absenteeism by 1-2%.
- Floor-to-ceiling glass around 100% of the building perimeter increases natural light — a concept that is proven to increase worker productivity up to 5%. Other studies of school-aged children show an improvement of 20% on test scores when daylighting practices are used.
- 10-foot ceilings, which studies have correlated with improved problem solving skills and freer, more abstract thinking.
- Indirect/direct pendant light fixtures provide enhanced visibility for desktop tasks while preventing glare on computer monitors and reducing eye strain. High performance lighting is proven to enhance employee productivity by up to 6.7%.
- An on-site fitness center equipped with treadmills, elliptical trainers and Nautilus machines give employees an option to work out on-site helping them to stay fit.
- An upscale casual restaurant and an everyday food service within the building give employees more food options and decrease the desire for a lengthy lunch trip outside of the building.
How does employee satisfaction and productivity affect your bottom line? If an average salary is $75,000 and you have four employees for every 1,000 SF of space, the cost of employee wages is approximately $300/SF. Therefore, an increase of even 1% in employee productivity could yield savings of $3/SF.